Thursday, January 4, 2018

Flowers for My Momma

As far back as I can remember, my momma has had the greenest thumb ever. She can take a dried and lifeless plant and bring it back to blooming.

I've been super-blessed to visit Israel multiple times and am super super-blessed to go again.

Tommy has picked on me because I take pictures, endless pictures, of flowers everywhere we go.

I called my momma before embarking and let her know, when she sees a posted picture of a beautiful bloom, she can know it's for her. Her response? "And you can know I am well."

As many of my friends know, she is battling cancer.

Here's the thing--she is giving God glory for every single day. Privately in her heart and publicly to strangers in a store. She knows her strength comes from God alone.  And even on those long days and nights, those spans of time that only those who battle this evil can comprehend, she knows the joy of the LORD is her strength.

I am asking a favor of all who read this blog and all who follow and will see the breathtaking flowers I will soon post--pray for my momma. And pray for all those who fight the battle against this dread. And as you pray, believe in your heart that God is sovereign. Every minute of every day.

Momma, I am so proud of you. And so thankful for everything you have taught and continue to teach me. Watch for the flowers and know they are for you.

And yes, I will know you are well.



No comments:

Post a Comment