Saturday, January 27, 2018

This One Thing I Know

Running is the fountain of youth.

Running will kill you.

Eat peanut butter.

Never eat peanut butter.

Probiotics are good for you.

Probiotics are will harm you.

You need 8 hours of sleep each night.

5-6 hours of sleep is enough.

The earth is round.

The earth is ... well, okay, it's round.

I know I'm not alone in my frustration as I search for truth. Seems no matter what the latest study shows, tomorrow there will be a study to refute it. I mean seriously, did you know there's a "doctor" out there saying we should NEVER eat yogurt?

Sometimes I want to toss my computer into the front yard and run away screaming "This world has gone crazy!"

It's no secret we live in a super upside down place. It's no surprise we fight over which politician is telling the truth (which is becoming increasingly ridiculous every day). And God didn't glance over at us and wonder how we got where we are today.

When my children were little, I could watch them and know what toy they would reach for. James loved his books and his golf clubs by 2nd grade. Hannah was a Barbi fanatic and would play for hours. John chose his tractors and farm animals. Abigail had twin baby dolls she named Katie and Katie. These memories make me smile.

I knew what they would choose. I didn't cause them to choose it.

It's my feeble illustration of God's ability to know all things. He didn't make me get up this morning and pour my 3rd cup of coffee but He certainly knew I would.

Even as I make light of peanut butter and probiotics, my heart is so heavy with the greater things I don't understand. Why do young mothers leave this earth early? Why do children get hurt in car accidents? Why can't I learn I can't fix people? Why can't I learn I cannot fix myself?

When I am overwhelmed with what I do not know, I settle myself with what I do know. I know I can trust Jesus in moments of peace and joy and I can trust Him in the center of madness. When my chest is heavy and I cannot sleep--I can go to the One who created me and knows me. Time and time again He has met my deepest need and shown Himself faithful.

I love you, Jesus. And today, moment by moment, I trust You.

I trust You.

I trust You.

1 comment: