Saturday, September 23, 2017

Music and God's Faithfulness

Last night I attended an evening of worship and fellowship for women.

A beautiful friend sang a beautiful song that moved through my heart. As she sang, I remembered painful days of years ago. Days of wondering where the hope was. Days of determining I would trust God even when I could not see the light of day.

As she sang, I was reminded of God's extreme and epic faithfulness.

My mind went to other songs that ministered to my heart and spurred me to "dig in" and trust God.

And as she sang, I felt the most amazing peace and calm. I praised Him for being who He says He is.

What I didn't realize, is a sweet friend that worshipped with me was experiencing the very same thing. What a beautiful time of sharing we had as we talked of God's gentle way of wrapping His cosmic arms around a small soul and whispering "It's going to be okay, because I am with you."

What a big God we serve.

My pea-brain can't begin to grasp the hugeness of His never-ending love.

I am sure there were many others present last night who experienced the same thoughts and emotions. I am certain, there were some there who are in the middle of a dark night and, one day, when they hear the songs of last night again, they will praise God for His faithfulness!

How can I know this?

Because I know God. Oh, don't misunderstand. I do not know Him in entirety. But one day, when I get to heaven, I will see Him and know Him fully. Until then, I will trust Him to teach me and show me glimpses of His glory.

Won't you walk with me on this journey of getting to know Him better as we trust Him more? Evidence of WHO He is can be seen all around us. Evidence of His love and patience is everywhere.

Thank you, Lord God, for the gift of music. Music that rings with Truth. Music that sings of Your presence and faithfulness. Music that praises You because of Who You are!


No comments:

Post a Comment