Thursday, March 15, 2018

When You Face a Bully

Her  normally pink cheeks were colorless. She was biting her bottom lip.

"Stop it, Haley. He's not gonna kill me. He'll probably just black my eyes or knock out my teeth ... or paralyze me or something."

"That's not funny. Don't go. You'll end up in trouble. He's just a jerk, and it's not worth it."

"If I don't go this will never end. And besides, I don't want people sayin' I'm chicken."

"Why do boys have to be so stupid? Who cares if they call you chicken if you can keep your teeth?"

"Chicken have teeth?"

"Jase Freeman, you make me so mad!" And she turned and walked away. She didn't even look back over her shoulder at him. She just walked away.

Jase stuck his chin out and pulled his shoulders back. He took a deep breath and stepped towards the concessions stand.

On the way, he couldn't help but think Here lies Jase Freeman...

The Wish I Wished Last Night is the first book in the middle grade fiction series The Chronicles of Crumberry.

Grab it up and read it with your kids over Spring Break! It might just open up conversation about the bully walking the halls at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment