Saturday, March 10, 2018

Reminders All Around

They are everywhere.

You can see them if you are looking.

When you're having a wonderful day ...

and when you are in sorrow ...

they are there.

They don't wax and wane according to what's going on in your life.

Reminders.

Reminders of God's faithfulness.

I have an old nativity from my childhood. It used to play Silent Night. I reminds me before I knew Him, He knew me.

I listened to "When We All Get to Heaven" this morning. It took me back 38 years, when my faith was young and fresh. God was faithful to me during the frail years of growing.

There is a tiny crosstitched Christmas stocking hanging in my office nook. I started the project for our first child. When I miscarried, I tucked it away. The pain of losing our child was too great. I didn't get it out when I became pregnant with our second child. Our second joined our first in heaven, and the sorrow was deep. Today, that stocking bears John's name. God gave us James, Hannah, John, and Abigail. I wasn't ready to get the stocking out until John's birth. Today, it reminds me--I will see and know the two children in heaven, and God has blessed us greatly with 4 children.

My last name is Pierce. When I sign my name, I see God's faithfulness to give me my completer. My best friend. A godly, kind, and wise husband.

God takes a broken heart and puts it back together. It doesn't resemble the heart it used to be. It's a heart that knows He is real. He is faithful. And should sorrows come around again, He will put it back together again. And He will make it even more beautiful than it was the day before, because He is LORD.

His faithfulness whispers through the unexplainable. It sings through the confusing. It shouts in the sunrise. It wraps it's arms around us in the sunset.

God promised those who believe that He will supply for our every need.

He is faithful.

Evidence is everywhere.

I can see it.

Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment