Sunday, November 15, 2015

God's Hope for a Better Tomorrow, God's Plan for a Better Today


I have heard it all…call me if you’re desperate…no, no, kids just aren’t my thing…I did that last month…I’m just not feeling it…

If you know me at all, you know these are some responses to the question “Will you teach the kids?”

And, after I get over myself and the frustration of it all, I think to myself How sad, they really don’t know what a blessing they are missing.

A dear, sweet lady stopped by a room a few weeks ago where I was reading a book to half a dozen preschool kids. She thanked me for being good at my job and then she corrected herself and thanked me for being good at what I do. What a kind and sweet encouragement it was to be appreciated. Sometimes taking care of the little people is taken for granted.

But then, there are those sweet God-sent souls who see the potential and purpose in caring for God’s babies. These sweet little rascals that cry when momma leaves them, push their friend to the floor over a truck, slobber on toys and ask for Daddy 1,600 times…well, they are God’s hope for a better tomorrow. I will take that a step further and tell you they are God’s plan for a better today.

I’ve had a lot going on in my life lately. God has sent beautiful hands and feet my way during the struggles.

So this is for God’s family…whether you are there for me or for your pastor or for your preschool director at your church…

Thank you for having eyes that see what’s important.

Thank you for offering to help before I have asked.

Thank you for responding “I’d be glad to” when I do ask.

Thank you for texting that Bible verse.

Thank you for sending me a picture of one of those precious little faces when I can’t be there to see her.

Thank you for allowing me to give attention where it is needed without worry over the most important people in the church—the children.

Thank you Brenda, Luann, Jeff, Barbara, Hannah, Kevin, Tammy, Dorothy, Charlene, Luann, Starr, Kenny, Sean Paul, Johnna, Lance, Peggie, Tim, Susan, Don, Sandy, Beverly, Melissa, Diane, Mary, Dixie, Jennie, Kay, Alisha, Cindy, Sandy, Misty, April, Rachel, Jean Ann, Penny, Linda, Amanda, Melissa, Sherry, Amy, Danae, Oscar, Haley, Chuck, Melissa, Mary Jo, and Toni.(and yes, I know there are names mentioned more than once)

YOU are answers to my prayers. My prayers for God to send people who are ALL-IN as one precious friend puts it…prayers for God to provide the people who are willing to serve and worship through teaching and loving the little ones.

Some folks know that there are many ways to worship our King…and one of those ways is by caring for those who cannot take care of themselves.

And they know the supreme blessing that follows.

Children—God’s hope for a better tomorrow and His plan for a better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment